Re: Floating point trouble with x86's extended precision

dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar) writes:

>> I believe that is better than getting quick faulty behaviour.
>
> Not clear that the current behavior is faulty.

The current behavior sometimes results in objects which appear to
spontaneously change their values between two read accesses (without
any intermediate write access).  I find it hard to believe that such
indeterminacy is permitted by any language standard.