This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Floating point trouble with x86's extended precision
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: gdr at integrable-solutions dot net, wilson at tuliptree dot org
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, lucier at math dot purdue dot edu,reichelt at igpm dot rwth-aachen dot de
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 07:38:33 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Floating point trouble with x86's extended precision
> I believe that is better than getting quick faulty behaviour.
Not clear that the current behavior is faulty. Depends on the language
being used and whether it defines floating-point semantics strictly
enough. This kind of thing is best controlled by a switch, since for
many applications, the additional rounding is not an issue.