This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] bootstrap problem on powerpc-apple-darwin6.6
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu (Andrew Pinski)
- Cc: jason at redhat dot com (Jason Merrill), dberlin at dberlin dot org (Daniel Berlin), law at redhat dot com, pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu (Andrew Pinski), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:10:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] bootstrap problem on powerpc-apple-darwin6.6
> > On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:53:04 -0400, Daniel Berlin <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > > This stripping you do undoes what gimple_boolify_expr did to convert it to
> > > a boolean_type.
> > > Then invert_truthop aborts when it tries to invert a non-boolean_type tree.
> > > So either
> > > 1. The conversion isn't useless, but gimplify_boolify_expr is not
> > > generating the conversion in a way that makes it seem un-useless.
> > > 2. The conversion isn't useless, and the above is not working like it
> > > should.
> > I think the conversion isn't useless, because BOOLEAN_TYPE has a (much)
> > smaller range of values, which matters to invert_truthop, at least, and
> > should be useful to optimizers.
> Would this patch be acceptable?
> It gets my by the part where I was failing.
I think this patch is also need for c++ enums to evaluated correctly.