This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: --with-ld breakage for me.
- From: "Loisel, Sebastien" <loisel at amazon dot com>
- To: "Andrew Pinski" <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:52:58 -0700
- Subject: RE: --with-ld breakage for me.
Yes, sorry about that. I found that there were problems with my glibc install anyway. Thanks for the help, sorry for the spam.
From: Andrew Pinski [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 5:40 PM
To: Loisel, Sebastien
Subject: Re: --with-ld breakage for me.
> I've been unsuccesful at compiling gcc 3.3 and 3.4 with
> --with-ld=/usr/local/glibc-2.2.3/lib/ld-linux.so.2. I know that
> ld-2.3.2.do works because I've used it to link some c programs with
> -Wl,--dynamic-linker=/usr/local/glibc-2.2.3/lib/ld-linux.so.2 and I
> checked my linkage with ldd. (Note: the 2.2.3 in the path is a typo I
> made when I chose the install directory. The actual glibc that's
> sitting in there is 2.3.2.)
--with-ld means to supply with the static linker, not the dynamic one.