Re: Our apologies for the virus reject notices

Super-User <root@atmel.com> writes:

> Thanks especially for Paul and Phil for taking the
> time to bring this to our attention.
>
> I have just updated the filters to DISCARD any emails
> based on the Sobig subjects.

We appreciate your addressing this problem.

> How then to notify LEGITIMATE senders that they are
> infected?   or this is really getting hopeless???

For all email viruses of this form, it is hopeless; they all spoof the
sender address.  I suppose you could try to divine the real sender's
ISP from the Received: headers, but without human verification this
will also cause lots of junk mail to uninvolved people.

zw