Re: tree-dump inquiry

Dan DaCosta wrote:
I am currently using the tree dumper flag in g++ 3.2.3.  After working with .original file
for a little bit I realized that there was no way to tell what order the parameters were
specified in a function declaration.

The tree and rtl dumps are intended as debugging aids only. There is no need for them to be complete, they only need to include info we need for debugging. Since we never try to process them, we would never notice if they were incomplete.

As for completing them, that is a potential problem. An FSF policy, intended to prevent people from subverting the GPL, prevents us from emitting debug/intermediate files that could be used by others to use proprietary code with gcc without linking to gcc. This is an inconvenience, but it is current FSF policy so we must respect it.