Re: m68k C++ exception handling

Bernardo Innocenti <bernie@develer.com> writes:

|> > I tested this on m68k-linux with positive results, but this is already
|> > quite some time ago.
|>
|> Could I send you some experimental patches I've applied to my local tree?
|> If you have time, I'd like you to verify exceptions on m68k-linux with
|> those patches applied.

I probably won't have time to look at them in the near future.

|> Where is this information emitted exactly? If it's that dwarf stuff in
|> m68k_output_function_prologue(),

Yes, that's the place.

|> This is what a notmal m68k prologue/epilogue would do:
|>
|> 	link	#-frame_size,a6
|> 	movm	regs_to_save,-(sp)
|>
|> 	[...]
|>
|> 	movm	(sp)+,regs_to_save
|> 	unlk	a6
|> 	rts
|>
|> And this is how you would it do on a ColdFire:
|>
|> 	link	#-frame_size_with_regs,a6
|> 	movm	regs_to_save,(fp)
|>
|> 	[...]
|>
|> 	movm	(fp),regs_to_save
|> 	unlk	a6
|> 	rts
|>
|> Seems simple, but it takes quite a lot of intrusive changes in
|> m68k_output_function_(prologue|epilogue) to get it right in all
|> cases, with and without the frame pointer.

I might be that you didn't get the cfa offsets right.  You should try to
single step through the exception handing code to see where it tries to
fetch the register values.

Andreas.

SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg