Re: m68k - Dropping the Motorola syntax

Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
Of course I meant to remove the least used one, which is...
err... mumble mumble... the MIT syntax :-)

The MIT syntax is the one that GNU tools originally supported. I thought by now gas supports both syntaxes, but are both still being maintained? Another question is: which syntax do our dis-assemblers (in gdb and binutils) emit? Obviously, our toolchain should be self-consistent. It's silly for our compiler to only support Motorola syntax while gdb emits (only or by default) MIT syntax or vice versa. -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/