This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Friendly install
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:11:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: Friendly install
On Sunday, August 17, 2003, at 02:01 PM, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
This question comes up often enough that I think it would be worth
having a simple example of a native install:
Hmm, part of me agress, part of me is worried that this will (mis)lead
users to skip relevant pieces of the detailed instructions.
You first have to convince yourself that people read the documentation.
I think a short, 5-20 line set of instructions, with little commentary
with all the commands (cut-n-paste style) would be useful.