Re: m68k - Dropping the Motorola syntax

On Monday 18 August 2003 13:42, Gunther Nikl wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 05:14:24PM +0200, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> >
> >  No way, I've always wanted to drop the Motorola syntax because it's
> > used only by a few non-mainstream targets. But you're the second person
> > pointing it out, so maybe I've not explained myself clearly :-)
> >
> >  sources.redhat.com seems to be down right now, but *should* be the
> > correct link to my initial argument:
> >
> >    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-07/msg00390.html
>
>   I have read it again and no, there you are suggesting to remove MIT
>   assembler syntax.

Oh. I must have been on drugs or something when I wrote that!
Please forgive me, I'm usually much more coherent than that :-)

...and I couldn't even check before posting because of that
sever outage. Argh!

>     MIT: movel a6@(4),d0
>     MOT: move.l 4(a6),d0
>
>   Now which one is the syntax that you want to get rid off?

Of course I meant to remove the least used one, which is...
err... mumble mumble... the MIT syntax :-)

\X/  http://www.develer.com/

Please don't send Word attachments - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html