This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: DF_DU_CHAIN | DF_UD_CHAIN flags in new-ra
- From: "Mukta Punjani, Noida" <muktap at noida dot hcltech dot com>
- To: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:20:04 +0530
- Subject: RE: DF_DU_CHAIN | DF_UD_CHAIN flags in new-ra
>It's possible that this is a problem with the incremental
>later rounds of coloring just update the df information, instead of
>rebuilding it from scratch.
The problem doesn't seem to be in the incremental web building but the
initial run itself.
>Because I never used the def-use
>df.c I also didn't test if the updating mechanism works
>correctly on that
>part of the information. The strange thing though is, that
>doesn't make use of this information anyway, so I wonder why
>it causes any
>errors depending on the existence of it.
No idea about this, but there seems to be some patch at
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-09/msg01199.html. Applying this
change in new-regalloc seems to result in another segmentation fault ICE.
>You would have to debug it
>further. The error itself means, that some sanity check went
>you tried also with the newregalloc-branch?
This ICE appears on new-regalloc branch.