tree-dump inquiry

I am currently using the tree dumper flag in g++ 3.2.3.  After working with .original file
for a little bit I realized that there was no way to tell what order the parameters were
specified in a function declaration.  Because I have massacred gcc internals before I
knew that functions had an argument tree where the parameters were specified in
proper order via the common.chain mechanism.  So I simply adjusted the tree-dump file
to add a 'next' field to parm_decls so that the proper parameter ordering could be
retrieved.  Now, with all that said, my question is, was the lack or parameter ordering
intended or overlooked.  I simply need a one word answer(intended or overlooked).
intentional crippling.
thanx in advance,
Dan DaCosta