This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SMP multilib configure bootstrap failure on sparc-sun-solaris2.8?
- From: Bradley Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: Bradley Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:26:13 -0500
- Subject: Re: SMP multilib configure bootstrap failure on sparc-sun-solaris2.8?
On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 12:09 AM, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
FWIW, I see the same problem intermittently. I saw it this evening on
sparc64-sun-solaris2.7. Then I reran another parallel bootstrap and
it worked. I.e. it is not always repeatable. :-(
That's the nature of parallel build problems, no?
In the past few weeks several parallel build bugs seem to have slipped
in---I've had to cut down the number of processes from "make -j 12
bootstrap" to "make -j 4 bootstrap" to increase the chance of a build
completing successfully. And now even that doesn't work consistently.