This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Is -Winline working at all?
- From: Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs dot unipr dot it>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:10:29 +0200
- Subject: Is -Winline working at all?
- Organization: Department of Mathematics, University of Parma, Italy
I wonder if anyone is using -Winline successfully. I have tried
it with g++ 3.3, 3.3.1 and 3.4-20030813 and in all cases it reports
call sites ("called from here") that seem completely random (including
in the middle of comments), to the point of reporting lines that do not
even exist (e.g., line 76 for a file that has only 62 lines).
May I be missing something?
All the best
Prof. Roberto Bagnara
Computer Science Group
Department of Mathematics, University of Parma, Italy