This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: On inlining in C++ with unit-at-a-time code
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:58:54 -0700
- Subject: Re: On inlining in C++ with unit-at-a-time code
On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 03:45 PM, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Jan Hubicka wrote:
Concerning the inlining limits, I believe we should increase them.
Sure, your analysis seems convincing...
I wasn't going to chime in, but...
I'm happy with the above sort of testing/experiments and am happy to
have them increased. When we have a balance of complaints for and
against a change, then we know it is time to fundamentally improve the
algorithms involved. It feels to me that we've erred on the too small
side for a while.
Thanks for doing this work, and thanks to anyone that offers feedback
on the `right' values to use, and how bad things are, if the defaults