Re: Why does -pedantic make long long an error in C++?

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 04:59:05PM -0400, Andrew Pinski wrote:

> There was already a PR for this, PR 11720 <http://gcc.gnu.org/PR11720>
>
> I closed it because it looked like mozilla was testing the wrong thing when it was configuring.
> It looked like there was some wrong-code bug that mozilla was running into with long long and one of the tests mozilla foundd it was only when -pedantic errored out about long long's.
> The test mozilla should have been running was testing for the wrong-code instead of the pedantic erroring for long long.

I think you were possibly too hasty in closing that PR.  Yes, mozilla is
testing for some bug which appears to have existed once upon a time, but
it doesn't get as far as trying the test because g++ -pedantic refuses to
compile the testcase.

So there's agreement that g++ -pedantic should only be emitting a warning
and not an error?