Re: handling of warnings

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 06:39 AM, skaller wrote:

Please note: I do NOT mean I can't use it because I only
have 3.2.2 and not the latest compiler. I can't use it because
the handling of unknown warning control options is BUGGED:
my clients could be using ANY recent variant of g++ and so I can't use
any new options or they won't be able to compile the code.

Then you've got a problem with no solution. Even if you manage to convince people on this list that gcc should change the way it handles unrecognized options, the change won't go into the old compiler versions that you're concerned about. You'd better find a way to reformulate your problem so that it does have a solution.

--Matt