Re: handling of warnings

On Wed, 14 Aug 2003, skaller wrote:
> I can't afford to query gcc to find out what options it has ..
> because I can't be sure I'm even running gcc. I don't
> even know what OS I'm on .. could even be Windows using
> MS compiler (though that's harder to make transparent :-)
>
> So detecting things down to the level of gcc version
> is plain absurd for this system.

In other words, you want to use a set of command-line options that are
supported by (some versions of) some compiler and hope that other versions
of said compiler and other compilers will simply ignore those that don't
apply?  Hoping that no option has different and conflicting semantics?

If that's the case, your build process sounds quite broken.

Gerald

PS: Gaby, I'm afraid this is starting to look like a troll. Don't feed "it".
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald@pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/