This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Published MD5 checksums for GCC 3.3.1 sources
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Jim Fischer <jfischer_5809 at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:49:20 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Published MD5 checksums for GCC 3.3.1 sources
- References: <3F37DE43.email@example.com>
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Jim Fischer wrote:
> I just downloaded the file 'gcc-3.3.1.tar.bz2' from three different GCC
> mirror sites, and all three copies have the following MD5 checksum:
> $ md5sum gcc-3.3.1.tar.bz2
> 1135a104e9fa36fdf7c663598fab5c40 gcc-3.3.1.tar.bz2
> This checksum does not match the value shown in the 'md5.sum' file that
> I downloaded from the same directory as the 'gcc-3.3.1.tar.bz2' file:
Indeed there was a problem with the md5.sum generation on gcc.gnu.org such
that files could already be checksummed during upload (while they were not
I verfied that gcc-3.3.1.tar.bz2 is completely equal to gcc-3.3.1.tar.gz
(after decompression) and updaetd the md5.sum file, also adding a couple
of missing checksums for .bz2 files and we will tweak the script to avoid
this problem in the future.
Thanks for pointing out the problem!
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry) firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/