Re: gcc-3.3.1.tar.bz2 file on ftp://gcc.gnu.org/ tainted?

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Peter Niemayer wrote:
> I downloaded the .gz version, too, and there the md5sum matched.
> I unpacked both the .bz2 and the .gz versions (no errors), and
> did a "diff -r --brief" on the directories, and found no differences.

The proper way would have been to just unzip2 and gunzip the two archives
and compare the .tar files.  I did that, and got a match, so I updated the
md5.sum file accordingly.

Plus, I also added the other .bz2 files on the way.

Thanks for the notice; I have contacted Mark (our release manager) and
the admins of gcc.gnu.org to see what went wrong (and prevent it in the
future).

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald@pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/