This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc-3.3.1.tar.bz2 file on ftp://gcc.gnu.org/ tainted?
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Peter Niemayer <niemayer at isg dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:29:36 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: gcc-3.3.1.tar.bz2 file on ftp://gcc.gnu.org/ tainted?
- References: <3F38038B.email@example.com>
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Peter Niemayer wrote:
> I downloaded the .gz version, too, and there the md5sum matched.
> I unpacked both the .bz2 and the .gz versions (no errors), and
> did a "diff -r --brief" on the directories, and found no differences.
The proper way would have been to just unzip2 and gunzip the two archives
and compare the .tar files. I did that, and got a match, so I updated the
md5.sum file accordingly.
Plus, I also added the other .bz2 files on the way.
Thanks for the notice; I have contacted Mark (our release manager) and
the admins of gcc.gnu.org to see what went wrong (and prevent it in the
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry) firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/