This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: biarch gcc
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:27:15 -0700
- Subject: Re: biarch gcc
- References: <20030812145817.GG27145@bubble.sa.bigpond.net.au>
> For these reasons, I propose that biarch compilers are only enabled when
> --enable-biarch is given to configure. At least, thats the way I want
> it for powerpc64-linux, and will follow up with a patch tomorrow.
Unfortunately I disagree, the IRIX compiler (and, since mips64-linux
took it's abi ideas from there) uses 3 abis. I would understand
splitting 32 and 64-bit out from there (o32 v. n32/n64) however, n32 and
n64 are used enough concurrently on most systems that it would be a pain
to not include support for them.
That said, if you want to have it do a 32/64-bit split I don't object as
much and will go with the will of the group.
Eric Christopher <firstname.lastname@example.org>