This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Possible GPL infringment in the HighTec GNU compiler
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Laurent Pinchart <laurent dot pinchart at capflow dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:52:58 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Possible GPL infringment in the HighTec GNU compiler
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> I'm not an expert, but it looks to me as a GPL infringment. The
> newsletter can be found at http://www.hitex.co.uk/newsletter0603/,
> and the article about GCC at
I agree with your analysis of the situation, and can confirm that the
claims on that web pages are quite bogus (for example in that they
confuse the GPL with public domain).
I have forwarded your message to the appropriate channels at the FSF.
Thanks for the note!
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry) email@example.com http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/