Re: Re[4]: modify gcc to handle byteorder issue automatically

Georgy Yunayev <Georgy.Yunayev@kaspersky.com> writes:

| Hello Jim,
|
| JW> Getting it to work for a particular case is not the issue.  The
| JW> issue is defining, implementing, and documenting how it works in
| JW> all cases.
|
| I'm not sure this solution is viable to all the cases. I just needed
| to have it working in my specific case.

The point is that there are lots of users out there with all their
specific cases.  There is not reason, the compiler should accomodate
yours and not theirs.  The compiler would have to accomodate
as many of those specific cases.  It does not suffice to get one small
specific case right, the compiler has to get them right,
consistently. In fact, they are better off handled in library.

-- Gaby