Re: Testcases and approval

>What are the rules for getting approval for testcases?
> Do I need to get approval for testcases or can I submit commit them
>with sending an email to gcc-patches@?

I think you generally need to get approval, mainly to make sure
(a) the testcase actually tests what it's supposed to
(b) the testcase doesn't contain other bugs (random invalid code in
  testcases confuses everyone)
(c) the testcase isn't a duplicate of one which someone else knows about

However, if the testcase is short and sweet, and you're convinced
that it obviously satisfies (a) and (b), and think it's not a duplicate,
you can commit it under the 'obvious' rule.

I'm just guessing here.  :-)

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden at gcc.gnu.org>
http://home.twcny.rr.com/nerode/neroden/fdl.html