Re: PCH not being used, but I can't tell why

Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> writes:

> The libstdc++ testsuite builds a couple of PCH files in a directory, then
> using the "-include <dir>" method as per the PCH instructions in the manual,
> where it will use the first file that's valid.
>
> Except that if it can't find a valid file, I can't get it to tell me that,
> even when -Winvalid-pch is passed.  It always uses the base header, never
> the precompiled one.
>
> How do I tell what's preventing PCH from being used?

If -Winvalid-pch isn't printing anything, that means that GCC never
found the PCH file, valid or not.  Most likely, this is because your
directory is not named right.  What is the directory called?  What
does '-H' output?

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>