Re: 3.4 snapshots generated incorrectly?

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> However, this problem still seems to be real:
>> By the way, I don't see any gcc-ss-3_4-20030806 tag on CVS. Were the
>> tags dropped for some reason or is this another symptom?

No symptom, but intentionally dropped (to avoid further cluttering of
the CVS logs, as there was opposition to removing obsolete snapshot tags).

If you check out
  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gccadmin/2003-q3/msg00082.html
and
  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gccadmin/2003-q3/msg00077.html
you'll note that snapshots still are fully reproducible.

(I plan to commit some outstanding changes to the gcc_release script which
are responsible for that output later today; if you want to add the notes
on "gcc export" to the snapshot announcement mails, be my guest. :-) )

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald@pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/