Re: libstdc++ multilib install broken

Phil Edwards wrote:
On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 01:08:36AM +0200, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:

Phil Edwards wrote:

The generated Makefile.in for libstdc++v3/ does not seem
to be using MULTISUBDIR when installing.

The old one didn't either. We have to append MULTISUBDIR to the builddir's Makefiles as they are generated; that hasn't changed. (The next version of automake is supposed to do this for us, IIRC.)

I've seen the code that appends MULTISUBDIR when I compared the old and new configure.(in|ac), but the problem in the new version is that this variable isn't ever referenced in Makefile.in, not that it doesn't get appended.

It wasn't referenced in the old Makefile.in's install rules either.

Let me ask this:  what changes do you have to make to the final generated
Makefile to get a successful install?

I've not yet figured it out. The new version just installs all copies of libstdc++.a over each other in the base installation directory.

I could try rebuilding the previous GCC snapshot and see what it does
exactly. Once I've isolated the piece of code that did the right thing,
we could tell where it came from.

Actually, I'm afraid I lack the intimate knowledge of GCC's build
infrastruture required to fix the problem myself.

\X/  http://www.develer.com/

Please don't send Word attachments - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html