This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libstdc++ multilib install broken
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: Bernardo Innocenti <bernie at develer dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:03:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: libstdc++ multilib install broken
- References: <3F331BEA.firstname.lastname@example.org> <3F33EF2E.email@example.com>
On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 08:42:54PM +0200, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> >multilib installation for libstdc++ appears to be broken on
> >mainline since last week's snapshot (20030730), which worked
> Phil, I've looked into this and I'm quite convinced it
> has been caused by the conversion to autoconf 2.57.
I'm not surprised.
> The generated Makefile.in for libstdc++v3/ does not seem
> to be using MULTISUBDIR when installing.
The old one didn't either. We have to append MULTISUBDIR to the builddir's
Makefiles as they are generated; that hasn't changed. (The next version
of automake is supposed to do this for us, IIRC.)
Both before and after, src/Makefile's install rules simply invoke libtool.
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are,
by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
- Brian W. Kernighan