Re: libstdc++ multilib install broken

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 08:42:54PM +0200, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
>
> >multilib installation for libstdc++ appears to be broken on
> >mainline since last week's snapshot (20030730), which worked
> >fine.
> >[...]
>
> Phil, I've looked into this and I'm quite convinced it
> has been caused by the conversion to autoconf 2.57.

I'm not surprised.

> The generated Makefile.in for libstdc++v3/ does not seem
> to be using MULTISUBDIR when installing.

The old one didn't either.  We have to append MULTISUBDIR to the builddir's
Makefiles as they are generated; that hasn't changed.  (The next version
of automake is supposed to do this for us, IIRC.)

Both before and after, src/Makefile's install rules simply invoke libtool.

Phil

by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    - Brian W. Kernighan