This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Problem in split_basic_block
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: geoffk at geoffk dot org
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 7 Aug 03 15:44:34 EDT
- Subject: Re: Problem in split_basic_block
Does DEC C come with the operating system? If not, there would be GPL
Yeah, but a very marginal one. I don't think that the assembler comes
with VMS either, though I'm not sure. The intent of that part of the GPL,
as I understand it, is not to create a situation where the *distributor*
of the software would be demanding use of one of its proprietary programs
in order to build the software. This is very different. In the world
of "unbundling", it's not all uncommon for something needed to build GCC
to be in some optional "software development" component.