This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: On inlining in C++ with unit-at-a-time code
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- To: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 12:32:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: On inlining in C++ with unit-at-a-time code
- References: <20030807192344.GA803@twcny.rr.com>
On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 03:23:44PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> I would also like to see unit-at-a-time enabled by default for GCC 3.4.
> Given that it's always a valid way to compile C/C++, I'd like to see
> it enabled at *all* optimization levels (although it makes little
> pratical difference at -O0).
> Think this will be possible? :-)
What's the cost for doing unit-at-a-time in terms of compile time and
virtual memory consumption?