Re: On inlining in C++ with unit-at-a-time code

Jan said:
>Unforutnately we can't do the change on mainline yet as old inlining
>heuristics is still active for -O2 and will result in memory bombs
>then.
>I hope we can enable unit-at-a-time at -O2 by default and solve the
>problem in easy way.  In SuSE we are experimentally building the
>distribution with it and now all problems directly attributable to
>unit-at-a-time seems to be gone.  I will send more detailed summary
>sometime next week as this week I am on the trip.  Of course few
>remaining patches I sent needs to get in first but Mark seems to be
>doing great job on reviewing them.

I would also like to see unit-at-a-time enabled by default for GCC 3.4.
Given that it's always a valid way to compile C/C++, I'd like to see
it enabled at *all* optimization levels (although it makes little
pratical difference at -O0).

Think this will be possible?  :-)

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden at gcc.gnu.org>