Re: GCC Release Status (2003-08-03)

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:47:07AM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 18:41, Joe Buck wrote:
> > In any case, for every rule there's an exception: what if we discover,
> > after the release, that some open bug was actually fixed in 3.3.1?  Why
> > *not* set the target milestone to 3.3.1 and add it to the list of fixed
> > bugs?
>
> I suppose that makes sense.  It's a little confusing, in that a bugzilla
> query done after the fact will show up different results than the one
> you used to generate the release notes,

Right, but I would then correct the gcc-3.x/changes.html page on the
web to compensate.

> If you think we needn't do anything here, that's good enough for me.

I don't think that we need to do anything here.  We might want to revisit
the issue five or six releases down the road, when the growing choice list
for target-milestone becomes inconvenient.  But at least for now, let's
just leave it.