This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: On inlining in C++
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Cc: mrs at apple dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdr at integrable-solutions dot net
- Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:34:48 -0700
- Subject: Re: On inlining in C++
- References: <20030806030112.7D289F2DC1@nile.gnat.com>
On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 11:01:12PM -0400, Robert Dewar wrote:
> > excessive lookahead (call comes before the
> > definition)
> This actually seems like a pretty serious limitation to me ...
Given that we can't inline mutually recursive functions, it is always
possible to fix the order so that things work, though it can be a pain
in the ass.