Re: Request for Assistance: GCC 3.3.1 Code-Gen Problems

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Phil Edwards wrote:
> How's the patch below?

Fine, thanks!

>> As you (qua the original "victim") prefer! :-)
> As the original victim, I'd really prefer to start with the patch below,
> but end with "... using GNU make, and configuring using an absolute path
> to @var{srcdir}/configure."

How about "...where we strongly recommend using GNU make and specifying
an absolute path to invoke @var{srcdir}/configure}"?

This makes our preference absolutely clear, while not completely ruling
out other possibilities (even though "strongly recommend" is, well, quite
strong). ;-)

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald@pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/