Re: GCC Release Status (2003-08-03)

> I can add this feature if you guys really want it, I just see it as a
> "don't do that" type thing that we're all smart enough not to do.  Why
> would a developer target a new bug at an old release?
> Remember, users can't target bugs to milestones.

I'm smart, but I've made mistakes before.

The computer should be able to keep me from making this particular mistake.

The failure mode is that a bug goes into everlasting limbo, which would
hardly say good things about our quality processes.

Therefore, if you can make the computer keep me out of trouble, that would
be good.

Thanks,

-- Mark