This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC Weekly News?
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Ben Elliston <bje at wasabisystems dot com>
- Date: 06 Aug 2003 09:44:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: GCC Weekly News?
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "Gerald" == Gerald Pfeifer <email@example.com> writes:
> Ben and me once discussed that, given the volume of the gcc-patches and
> gcc lists, something like "GCC Weekly News" for each of these two would
> be a nice idea.
> Debian has this (http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/), Wine has it
> (http://www.winehq.com/site?issue=181) and several others have it.
> That would be a great way for people interested in GCC, but without the
> time to read the full lists -- and even many of those who paid to work
> on GCC do not do that any longer! -- to keep mostly up-to-date.
> "All" it takes would be one or several volunteers. Anyone interested
> in giving it a try?
FWIW, I think it's a good idea.
I could volunteer to do it one week every 4-6 weeks. So if you get
4-5 volunteers, I don't think it'd be a burden on any particular