This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Dominator Information in new-ra
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: "Mukta Punjani, Noida" <muktap at noida dot hcltech dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:26:01 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Dominator Information in new-ra
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Mukta Punjani, Noida wrote:
> I want to use the dominator tree information in the data flow pass(df.c) for
> implementing rematerialization in new-ra.
> The dominator information being built in
> dominance.c:calculate_dominance_info() is being called in ra-ranges.c. But
> apparently functions in ra-ranges.c are not being used currently. Are there
> any plans of using the code from ra-ranges.c in new-ra.
Not immediately, no. It was initially the beginning to implement a web
splitting pass based on loop-trees. I left the code there for reference,
and possible reuse later, so if you can make use of it, that was exactly
the reason I left it ;-)