This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: On inlining in C++
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Cc: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com, Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 10:30:09 +0100
- Subject: Re: On inlining in C++
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> Richard Earnshaw <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> | > I would point out that the documentation says "as fast as a macro",
> | > but it should really say "as fast or faster than a macro".
> | Or "better than a macro".
> "As fast as a macro" is just fine :-)
Ah! but it's not, as can be seen from this discussion... :-)