Re: [libiberty copyright assignment audit] cp-demangle.c status

dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar)  wrote on 04.08.03 in <20030804201157.BC0BBF2D86@nile.gnat.com>:

> > My only change to cp-demangle was to have it include sys/types.h  --
> > totally insignificant from a copyright standpoint.
>
> Hmm, I am not sure I agree. From a copyright point of view, it may be the
> case that a #include is entirely equivalent to including the entire text of
> what is included (see GEAC vs Grace, Newark district court, unfortunately

So?

The act of writing the #include would still amount to no more than
copy&paste under that assumption. If anything, that would make the authors
of sys/types.h relevant as contributors, not the person who caused the
include. Said person didn't write the *contents* of sys/types, after all.
He has no IP rights whatsoever on those contents.

MfG Kai