This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: On inlining in C++
- From: Scott Robert Ladd <coyote at coyotegulch dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- Cc: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>, Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 15:45:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: On inlining in C++
- References: <6D411F84-C778-11D7-A9D4-003065A77310@apple.com>
Mike Stump wrote:
If that sounds reasonable, let's do it, if it doesn't, ignore me... :-)
Your proposal sounds quite reasonable to me.
I've actually been working on something a bit more extensive, with an
eye toward identifying the best g++ and gcc options for compiling
certain types of numerical code. I'll see if I can adapt my in-house
tests to focus more on inlining.
Note that my tests are only in-house because I'm still developing my
testing theories. I suspectm, though, that some of the numbers could be
useful in the current debate.
Scott Robert Ladd
Coyote Gulch Productions (http://www.coyotegulch.com)
Software Invention for High-Performance Computing