Re: On inlining in C++

Mike Stump wrote:
If that sounds reasonable, let's do it, if it doesn't, ignore me... :-)

Your proposal sounds quite reasonable to me.

I've actually been working on something a bit more extensive, with an eye toward identifying the best g++ and gcc options for compiling certain types of numerical code. I'll see if I can adapt my in-house tests to focus more on inlining.

Note that my tests are only in-house because I'm still developing my testing theories. I suspectm, though, that some of the numbers could be useful in the current debate.

--
Scott Robert Ladd