Re: On inlining in C++

dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar) writes:

| > So?
| >
| > -- Gaby
|
| So, the notion of trusting the programmer is not an absolute one.

That might not be an absolute one accoding to your definition of
aboslute.  But it is a practical notion that has served to design,
evolve and standardize the language.  That might be another difference
between C++ and Ada.

[...]

| (without much data, but with much passion)

The behaviour I'm arguing for is that one documented for over two
decades.  That is not passion.

-- Gaby