Re: Request for Assistance: GCC 3.3.1 Code-Gen Problems

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Phil Edwards wrote:
> What should be done with the paragraph following the example, which explains
> what gmake is?  Remove it altogether, or just remind the reader that GNU
> make is recommended over Sun make?

In general, I prefer to avoid redundancy, but in this case either
omitting the following

  As explained in the build instructions, we recommend to use GNU make,
  which we call @command{gmake} here to distinguish it from Sun make.

or reducing it to

  As explained in the build instructions, we recommend to use GNU make.

As you (qua the original "victim") prefer! :-)

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald@pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/