Re: GCC Release Status (2003-08-03)

On Monday, August 4, 2003, at 11:28 PM, Mark Mitchell wrote:

Mass change all the 3.3.1 targets to 3.3.2
Then edit the products, choose gcc, choose edit target milestones, and
delete 3.3.1

Wait just a minute! You're about to screw up my life.

How, when I am preparing the release notes for 3.3.2, am I to distinguish
bugs that are fixed in 3.3.1 from those fixed in 3.3.2 if you change all
occurrences of "3.3.1" to "3.3.2" even in bugs that are already marked
as fixed?

The good news is that I didn't understand Dan's instructions. :-)

Anyhow, we certainly shouldn't change old, closed bugs. I just want to keep
people from marking new bugs as targeted for 3.3.1.

I can add this feature if you guys really want it, I just see it as a "don't do that" type thing that we're all smart enough not to do. Why would a developer target a new bug at an old release?
Remember, users can't target bugs to milestones.

Thanks,

-- Mark