This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [libiberty copyright assignment audit] cp-demangle.c status
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: jbuck at synopsys dot com, neroden at twcny dot rr dot com
- Cc: dewar at gnat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 23:00:09 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [libiberty copyright assignment audit] cp-demangle.c status
> > The FSF's lawyers should probably decide what *their* opinion on this
> > topic is, and what they consider sufficient evidence that the copyrights
> > were assigned, disclaimed, or nonexistent. (I wouldn't be surprised if
> > they decided that they didn't need anything additional, on the grounds that
> > the people involved all agree that the FSF holds sole copyright -- but
> > I don't actually know what they would decide in practice.)
> Exactly. Our legal opinions don't really matter much here.
Yes indeed, the law is not what sensible technical people think it should be :-)
So the sensible technical opinions of such people are not always relevant!