Re: [tree-ssa] How to increase PHI capacity?

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 16:28, Steven Bosscher wrote:

> Yes.  But I need a phi with increased capacity.  Inserting a whole new
> phi is childs play.

I don't understand.  What's the problem, then?  Remove the old PHI node
from the phi_nodes() list, ggc_realloc it and put it back in
phi_nodes().

Oh, you also need to adjust SSA_NAME_DEF_STMT for PHI_RESULT of the new
PHI node.

> No, because phi_arg_d is not a tree (ie. it doesn't include tree_common
> and it's not in union tree_node).  You wouln't even get passed the tree
> checks for TREE_VEC.

Obviously the plan would involve making phi_arg_d a tree, but the
overhead is not too appealing.  That's why I'm not insisting on going
this route.

Diego.