This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [libiberty copyright assignment audit] cp-demangle.c status
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: neroden at twcny dot rr dot com, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 16:24:14 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [libiberty copyright assignment audit] cp-demangle.c status
> I note that the change log for revision 1.23 is
> revision 1.23
> date: 2000/09/08 17:50:54; author: samuel; state: Exp; lines: +3 -1
> * cp-demangle.c: Fix copyright banner.
> which suggests that the initial copyright notice was a simple error
> and it was intended to be assigned to the FSF from the beginning.
Note that the copyright notice has nothing to do with whether or not it is assigned.
The actual copyright status of any file is determined independently of any
notice in the file itself.
It is of course important that the notice in the file reflect
the actual status.