Re: [libiberty copyright assignment audit] cp-demangle.c status

"Zack Weinberg" <zack@codesourcery.com> writes:

> Whatever changes I made to that file way back then (I don't remember
> what they were) were made on the assumption that they were covered by
> my blanket copyright assignment for GCC.  I doubt I even noticed that
> the file was listed as copyright CodeSourcery.

I looked back through cvs log - the only change of mine in that file
prior to revision 1.23, which is when it was relabeled copyright FSF,
is

revision 1.7
date: 2000/06/09 18:55:36;  author: zack;  state: Exp;  lines: +23 -7
branches:  1.7.2;
        * cp-demangle.c (demangle_operator_name): Add spaces before
        names beginning with a letter: delete, delete[], new, new[],
        sizeof.
        (demangle_special_name): Handle TF <type> and TJ <type>.

The "add spaces before" bit is trivial, the obvious way to fix a bug
(printing of _Znwj as "operatornew(unsigned int)").  The TF/TJ special
name bit is bigger and not quite so trivial, but I would still call it
small enough not to worry about.

I note that the change log for revision 1.23 is

revision 1.23
date: 2000/09/08 17:50:54;  author: samuel;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -1
        * cp-demangle.c: Fix copyright banner.

which suggests that the initial copyright notice was a simple error
and it was intended to be assigned to the FSF from the beginning.

zw