This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: missed uninitialised variable warning
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Cc: akpm at osdl dot org, aoliva at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, guerby at acm dot org, matz at suse dot de, pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu
- Date: 04 Aug 2003 20:32:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: missed uninitialised variable warning
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <20030804182210.79FF7F2A5F@nile.gnat.com>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Robert Dewar) writes:
| > unsigned char c = c;
| > is guaranted to work, just like
| What on earth does "work" mean here (in formal C++ standard terms, not
| in pragmatic "we-know-what-it-must-mean" terms.
well-formed and does not have an undefined behaviour.