This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: missed uninitialised variable warning
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, gdr at integrable-solutions dot net
- Cc: akpm at osdl dot org, aoliva at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,guerby at acm dot org, matz at suse dot de, pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:22:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: missed uninitialised variable warning
> unsigned char c = c;
> is guaranted to work, just like
What on earth does "work" mean here (in formal C++ standard terms, not
in pragmatic "we-know-what-it-must-mean" terms.