Re: On inlining in C++

> Again, this is an issue about C++ meaning of inline.  Not Ada's.

That's just plain wrong. mY comment:

> | Well I prefer to rely on my experience (which is that I have seen a lot
> | of cases in which users are surprised to find that inlining slows things
> | down), than your belief :-)

This comment is about inlining in general. It is not about Ada or about C++.
A lot of programmers have a pretty naive view of machine language, if they
have any view at all. For many programmers, the view of inlining is that
it must save time because it saves the time of the call and return. This
is of course entirely naive wrt super scalar machines with small icaches.

So you are misinterpreting the scope of my comment completely.